Monday, August 31, 2009

Two of Us Riding Nowhere



What is it about movie trailer songs? First let me say - I like this song. It's catchy and exciting:

"I didn't mind you blaming me for your mistakes,
I just held you in the doorframe through all of the earthquakes.
But you packed up your clothes in that bag every night,
and I would try to grab your ankles (what a pitiful sight.)"

But this is emo. Emo seems like a cute word for melodrama, that term for the song in your Springtime drama film trailer, the one where the characters blink and cry in slow motion. I'm fine with that if the song is airy, climactic and smart. It helps to have cool construction paper animation & real footage of lighthouses by directors Ethan Segal and Albert Thrower.

The Antlers - Two

0 comments:

 
#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }