Thursday, May 28, 2009

Austin is the Best Music City



Dana Falconberry, which is the greatest name ever, performed for Laundromatinee. Recently the Austin Chronicle named her the Top Female Vocalist, and having been blown away by this scintillating, jaunty, strange folk-blues tale about a magical woman named Anna Marie - I definitely see why.

According to Laundromatinee, "This Spring, Dana stopped by The Laundromatinee, touring in support of the album and playing in various vintage clothing stores throughout the Midwest and South."

Hard not to like someone who plays wild goosebump-hair folk in vintage clothing stores in the breadbasket. One of her new songs is called "The Possum Song" (temporary), and according to the video is about the Possums that live in her walls:

"I am not at all by myself / How could I become lonesome / So many songs sung for me"

Her album, "Oh Skies of Grey" came out in 2008.

0 comments:

 
#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }