Friday, April 17, 2009

Rambling Fever



The Avett Brothers are insane.

I bought "Four Thieves Gone" at Good Records in Dallas - and couldn't push past the first song because I kept repeating the track at a volume that would crack plaster (see attached and try not to dance). It's killer, and so is the rest of the album. In fact, all of their albums crackle with a beard and banjo happiness that is hard to find.

I mention Texas because The Avett Brothers are best listened to on the dry heat, open plain. Bluebonnets in the wind sort of thing. In that vein, The Avett Brothers play at Grimey's (in Nashville) on Record Store Day. Wish I was there to hear them "let the indolence go / wild and flying through." I expect reports from those who do go.

They'll be at the Henry Fonda Theater in Los Angeles, courtesy of Aquarium Drunkard on May 9th, and later this summer they're putting out a new record called "I and I Love You" on Columbia Records.

The Avett Brothers - Talk on Indolence

The Avett Brothers - The Weight of Lies

0 comments:

 
#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }