Monday, June 15, 2009

Jay Reatard, Stantions Destroyed



This show was filled with conflict. Whether it be me crashing into the stantions (not from alcohol, from stupidity) on the way and being hissed at by Echoplex staff, or Jay Reatard giving us a strong middle finger while still playing power chords, or my friend Matt Wyatt handing me his beer and saying, "Hold this," while leaping into an all-elbows mosh pit, this show was definitely a little bit of war. You can't see from the picture, but everyone in front of me was leaping like deer.

Ok, my honest admittance? This was my first punk show. Thee Oh Sees Earthmen had some brass distortion balls on them, and Reatard came out with a Ghost-Rider-like-blazing fifty minute set. A man with a chin beard like a UFC fighter started a mosh pit, and at one point some beer from across the room went in my mouth.

Best part: the music was good. In a fifty minute set, with no breaks, what else would you want?

As a contrast, the reason I didn't post this weekend is most likely from my extraordinary geek high (in extreme opposite to Jay Reatard) at seeing my favorite author Ray Bradbury - see below. What a weekend.



Jay Reatard - Always Wanting More

0 comments:

 
#navbar-iframe { height:0px; visibility:hidden; display:none; }